Top 5 Tips For Staying Healthy Over Christmas
We all know that sticking to your healthy diet and exercising over the Christmas period can be difficult.
However, putting small changes into place can have a huge impact on your health and help you ease back into your routine and get back on it in January.
Working with nutritionists and fitness experts we have put together the 5 best healthy tips and advice on how to keep that extra weight off over the Christmas period…
- Downsizing – If you can downsize your portions of your ‘normal’ sized meals through the day you can afford those few extra calories when you’re out eating.
- Offer to drive – Sometimes being the sober driver is not always a bad thing, according to the charity Drink Aware, a 250ml glass of wine contains 228 calories, roughly the amount of a 44g bar of chocolate – meaning someone who drinks a few glasses per week can consume an extra 2000 calories in a month.
- Get out for a walk – Christmas walks are a great way to get the family together, plus, it gives you a chance to try out that Fitbit you got for Christmas.
- Don’t ditch – Don’t use ‘It’s Christmas’ as an excuse to ditch exercise.
- Don’t use exercise as a punishment – Try not to worry too much about the scales. Sport & exercise is something you should enjoy. Exercise shouldn’t be classed as a punishment for eating chocolate.
Our final tip is to enjoy yourself this Christmas, being healthy isn’t about dieting, over exercising or skipping meals, it’s about making a lifestyle change.